August 27, 2013

Ikea Treasures

I'm in love with Ikea. The first and only time I've been was with Luke when we first bought our house. We were on a couch-shopping mission and so since we were in the area, I persuaded him to make a stop at Ikea to "look at couches". I was like a kid in a candy shop but Luke was in his own personal hell. He hated the confusing maze-like set-up and kept saying things like "we gotta get out of here!... how are we in the baby section now?!... where are we?!" While Luke was having a mild panic attack and vowing never to return to Ikea, I was running around in my glory. The only thing I bought (and I'm so aware how weird it is) is this little guy:


 

Anyhow, I need to go back. Since my first trip to Ikea, I've mentally stockpiling all the awesome things I've noticed in my pretty regular perusals of the Ikea website and catalog.  Here are some of the items I would run first to during my triumphant return to Ikea:


 


I think the red striped runner would look awesome and add a fun pop of color in my hallway. I think I would need two, one for above and below the two steps. They are only 10 bucks each! I've also seen runners like these used on stairs, stapled down. Might be something I could do on the stairs down to the basement...

I love the faux sheepskin rug and thing it would look pretty layered over another larger rug, like this. I would love either of those pendant lamps in my laundry room and two wall lamps for both sides of the bed.

I love the square ribba frame, they would be perfect for framing some printed Instagram photos.

And lastly, we'll be replacing two of our kitchen cabinets with open shelving - so these from Ikea might just be perfect to fill the space.

Now I'll just have to plan my next Ikea trip. It's going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment