October 31, 2016

Our Little Pumpkin's 1st Birthday



Our “little pumpkin”, Harrison, turned 1 this month! To celebrate, we decided to throw a bash with our closest friends and family. I decided to make it pumpkin themed since I am in the large club of people who are obsessed with all things pumpkin. I started planning his first birthday months ago and was so excited to celebrate my amazing baby and the fact that we survived our first year of parenthood!

 For food I wanted everything to have  cozy, fall theme which included:
two different types of chili – a sweet potato black bean chili and a classic beef chili
pulled pork sliders – this recipe and put out a big basket of Kings Hawain rolls for mini sliders.
coleslaw (just a premixed bag which I added apples and dried cranberries to and dressed with Brianna’s poppy seed dressing)
my sister-in-law made an autumn mac and cheese which went FAST. I’ve already made it again since the party.
my father made his world famous meatballs as well!

Drinks, because let's be honest, first birthday parties are mainly for the adults at this point, we had Apple Cider Sangria and pumpkin beer.

Dessert was pumpkin cupcakes, with a personal cake for the little pumpkin.  I made Harrison's smash cake by pouring the batter into two Pyrex glass dishes - it was the perfect size. 
Decorations were about 100 pumpkins – we were originally planning to have the party partially outside but it rained all day so we were stuck fully inside. I placed pumpkins of all sizes all around the house and also made a bunting with burlap, navy gingham, and orange fabric.

Favors were pumpkin sugar cookies, this perfect recipe, and I made the little tags and just stapled them to treat bags.  
























No comments:

Post a Comment