August 13, 2013

Hustle & Shine Strategy- Shop Smarter- In Action

One of my favorite things to do is fill up an online shopping cart on with everything I would ever want, then slowly go back and trim it down to something more fiscally-sane. I usually never end up buying anything, but it's still fun and my version of virtual window-shopping. SO I thought I would do just that on J.Crew Factory, but this time following my new Hustle & Shine Strategy to Shop Smarter.
 
Here's a recap of the strategy:
 
 
Following the strategy, here's what I ended up with: 
 
1    2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
 
I could imagine mixing a bunch of these items, and the dress would work well for special occasions and I could even wear it to work with the cardigan.  Though the pants (1) and skirt (3) are both in fun prints, the neutral colors would allow me to mix them with all four of the sweaters and tops.  
 
 
Here are some of the pieces I loved, but broke several rules in my new strategy so I forced myself to "put back" from my cart:
 




 
I'll be applying these rules whenever I shop, now that the No Shop July is over. (I'll give my update on how I did with that.. I broke a few rules but still did OK...) It was definitely the shopping-detox I needed and now that I have cleansed my over-spending, I need to be smarter on what I do choose to buy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment