February 9, 2016

Laundry Room Copy Cat

One of the things I love most about my husband is his excitement over home projects. Whenever we have a free weekend, he loves to tackle a project for the home. I love that he wants to make our home beautiful and I also love that he shares the same view as me-- that a home is never done, there's always something to do which makes it so fun especially for a home design nut like me.

In order to convince me to replace our perfectly good butcher block in our kitchen with granite, Luke said we would re-purpose it down in the laundry room. I then shared this image by the v. talented Studio McGee, who I am a mega fan of, and it sort of spiraled from there...

via
Our amazing friend/neighbor and professional tiler, Chris, installed the title for us and yours truly grouted it, which might be one of my favorite diy tasks to do.

So without further ado -- our new laundry room!


Please excuse the horrible nighttime photos, but I have a baby (can that be my excuse for everything always?).


Luke and I think it came out pretty good and are the next Chip and Joanna (I wish #wacoforever). We didn't spend that much either, here's the breakdown:

  • Butcher block was re-purposed  but we got it from Ikea a few years ago
  • tile was $1.99/sq. ft. from Lowe's which I love that it looks like slate, but is actually durable porcelain
  • pendant light also from Lowe's (which Luke had to convert into a plug-in light thanks to the awkward outlet on the ceiling)
  • rug, art, and baskets all from Homegoods
  • paint color is Benjamin Moore Simply White, color-matched to Valspar (which I am not debating painting my whole house in... stay tuned)
 Luke is the laundry-doer of the household, and while he complains, I think he really likes it. He's such a neat freak that I think he enjoys the simple satisfaction of clean, warm clothes from the dryer. But whether he actually likes it or not, I hope the new laundry room makes it even more enjoyable for him. Especially now that our laundry output has exponentially grown thanks to a certain adorable spit-up machine:




1 comment: