September 8, 2015

Eyeliner for the Windows

Now that I feel my house is in a good place and there's not a ton of BIG projects to tackle, I find myself looking for little tiny touches to add and the most recent one I'm pondering is painting the inside of my windows black. I first thought of the idea after seeing the owner of Schoolhouse Eclectic's awesome minimalist home in BHG and what I really noticed were the black/dark gray interior windows. I love that it acts as eyeliner for the windows and make them pop:



This is one of those projects that I mentioned to Luke and he was so confused and thought it was a crazy idea. BUT after I showed him examples, like the ones below, he was on board. The issue I have is that a lot of my windows are vinyl and I don't think can be painted.. so it leaves me with a few windows in the kitchen to paint. Here are the images that will convince you too...




gorgeous to have dark painted doors on the interior when you have the dark metal windows:


No comments:

Post a Comment