May 22, 2015

Baby Sullie: Nursery Ideas


One of the biggest things consuming my thoughts lately is planning the nursery. It makes me SO EXCITED and sometimes keeps me up at night, well that and I heard that sleeplessness can start happening in the second trimester.


I saw a placemat at Target and it made me at first consider a palette of navy and other blues.


The more I looked at these colors and started to buy a few things (also from Target, shocking!) in those colors, I started thinking that the colors looked too themey and not really in line with the colors I normally like for my house. I know I'll be spending a loooot of time in that room, so I think it's important I love the colors the most, right?!

So back to the drawing board when I saw these curtains from Joss & Main.

I love that light green color and thought paired with blues and taking inspiration from this print from Minted would be soft and lovely for my little babe.

Hexagon with Dots in Blue by Yao Cheng at minted.com


Here's my reallyyy bad powerpoint slide I made to show all the colors together. We are thinking of keeping the paint color, which is a really great gray, Notre Dame from Valspar. 


A few DIYs I want to do are:

frame pages from Where the Wild Things Are
Make a macrame plant hanger for a fern I got (started!)
learn how to cross stitch and make something cute
knit a blanket (learned last summer from a coworker!)
bookshelves for the wall to display books and art prints


how cute is this? actually this whole room is adorable.

We'll see! I'm sure I'll change my mind at least 5 more times before we actually start decorating. This poor baby has no idea how nuts his Mom is! :)

1 comment: