November 15, 2013

how to convince your husbands that leopard runners are a good idea.

...or, I'll let you know once he comes around. I love leopard. I have three.. no wait four.. pairs of leopard shoes and certainly consider leopard a neutral. So why not a leopard runner in my hallway? It seems to be a natural next step in my relationship with leopard.

 The hallway is blah and it appears that a leopard runner would be the obvious fix for a blah hallway. It's science. Anyhow, the only thing standing between me and leopard-printed-hallway heaven is my pesky, skeptical (rightfully so) husband. He is in the habit of questioning some of my design ideas, but always comes around in the end. The current situation is this:

me: i'm ordering leopard rugs, how fun right?!
luke: yuck
me: (send picture of example)
luke: not bad

I took his wavering stance on the leopard rugs as the green light to order two of these from Overstock.com. Our hallway has two steps in the middle of it, leading up to our bedroom. The hallway below the steps is perfect for the 8 ft. rug, but the hallway above the steps is about 7 ft... so I'm not sure what I'll do about the extra ft of runner. I'm just rollin the dice and ordering it anyways cause  I like to live on the edge like that. The rugs are $60 each (!!!) and I love the look of this leopard, how it's a slightly larger and muted print.
via

While I await the arrival of my runners, let's secure my case for leopard by perusing these brilliant exhibits below... shall we?

Splendid Sass: STUNNING HALLWAYS
via


hallway leopard rug. love leopard everything!
love love love


I love the leopard stairs in this house - it's so perfect and unexpected in this otherwise simple and muted room

 
photo 3-9
Erin from Elements of Style is killing it with her leopard stairs I love the mix of frames she used with it as well, it definitely balances out the leopard runner nicely. 
e5eaebb2ee4bacc48acf664965b71e00
I pause with admiration every time I page by this photo of Editor of Real Simple magazine, Kristin Van Ogtrop's, kickass leopard stairs

1 comment: