December 5, 2013

25 Holiday Activities for Our First Married Christmas



Celebrating our first Christmas together married, I’ve started thinking that now's the time we begin forming all these new, little Christmas traditions together that will forever be carried on in our new little family. The holidays always go by so quickly, so I’ve made a list of all the things I want to make sure we do to celebrate our first Christmas as husband and wife.

  1. Bake gingerbread men cookies.
  2. Send out Christmas cards with a photo from our wedding
  3. Pick out a tree and decorate while drinking wine and listening to Christmas music (with the Bruins game on and muted we pre-negotiated)
  4. Go ice-skating (if bogs freeze!)
  5. Go sledding (if snow falls!) with a thermos of hot chocolate like when I was a kid
  6. Watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (…again! We watched it already and Luke kept asking me to stop saying all of the words. It’s so hilarious)
  7. Watch the Sound of Music Live special with Carrie Underwood (!!!!!) … I might have to go this one alone sans Luke…
  8. Take a family Christmas portrait (meaning me, Luke and the dog!)
  9. Get cozy plaid, flannel sheets for the bed
  10. Drive around and look at the Christmas lights in nearby neighborhoods
  11. Watch Elf!!
  12. Wear matching ugly Christmas sweaters to Amelia & Billy’s Christmas party
  13. Make Luke watch a ridiculous ABC Family original Christmas Move - 12 Dates of Christmas is my personal favorite.
  14. Buy mistletoe (I never have!) and smooch under it
  15. Watch the Muppet Christmas Carol or try and find ‘A Muppet Family Christmas’ which was a 1987 TV movie and my all-time favorite growing up. I used to run out of the room when Miss Piggy was about to get sprayed by mud by a car (oh the horror!!!? And what an odd thing to get scared about…)
  16. Plan a big breakfast for Christmas morning.
  17. Create a new tradition -- Buy each other new pajamas to open on Christmas Eve and wear Christmas morning as we open gifts…
  18. …And continue one we started last year (can I call it a ‘tradition yet? ha) each pick out a new ornament for the tree that represents our personality/interests. Last year, Luke got a fish with tackle ornament and I got a glittery deer head. It was awesome.
  19. Last year, we went Christmas shopping together at Derby Street and took a break halfway through to get out of the cold and enjoy a cocktail and appetizer, it was really fun so I’d like to that again.
  20. Pull together all our unworn clothes to donate to charity
  21. Go out to dinner at a cozy restaurant (I've been dying to go to The Rye Tavern) to celebrate our 7th anniversary of being together on December 15th!
  22. Make eggnog (That was Luke's cute suggestion the other day. I'm not sure how one makes eggnog but if he means drink it. and spiked. Then I'm down)
  23. Bring Dexter to Petco for a picture with Santa (have I mentioned we are crazy dog people?! 1-4 on Saturdays if there are any other crazy pet people out there-- which is pretty much all of my girlfriends)
  24. Watch the Polar Express
  25. One bonus, unplanned holiday activity-- because those are always the most fun anyways.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete